Paterna Baldizzi, (Palermo 1868
- Roma 1944)
architect and University Professor
After studying at the Institute of Fine
Arts, University of Palermo, he moved first to Rome in 1894
where he won the competition for the three-year grant of Retired
National Artistic, then in Turin in 1905 and finally to Naples,
where he held the chair Architectural Design at the University.
Author of studies and research in art history, architecture and
restoration of monuments.
Among his works: the importance and the project for the
restoration of the church of S. Mary of Egypt in Rome and for
the relief and consolidation at the fortress Janula near